To pave the way for the upcoming Daybreak Pack, we’re unleashing a batch of quality-of-life fixes that will improve your gameplay experience.
(We’re especially excited about items 1-3 under “Characters and Communities,” and we think many of you will agree!)
Speaking of the Daybreak Pack ...
Don’t forget to check in again one week from today, because this brand-new game mode goes on sale on September 12! Daybreak is a session-based co-op game mode for State of Decay 2. It also includes a wealth of new weapons and equipment useful both in Daybreak and in your home community.
- Fixed an exploit involving buying and selling stackable items with traders to earn massive amounts of Influence.
- Removed an apparent soft-lock caused by the death of a leader.
- Removed some locks and crashes associated with pop-up boxes.
- Fixed a handful of buildings that were inaccessible due to collision.
- Fixed a number of localization issues.
Characters and Communities
- Random “resource loss” events are now dependent on morale and traits. If you recruit carefully and keep everyone happy, then random resource losses should be a thing of the past.
- Characters who incur “resource loss” events because of low morale will now receive a temporary morale benefit for doing so. IE, they binged on a bunch of food, but at least it made them feel better.
- Skilled characters will now sometimes provide the community with new free items in place of the “resource loss” events.
- Exiles should now always count towards exile-related achievements.
- Characters from other enclaves will no longer receive the large-scale death-banner treatment when they die.
Bases and Facilities
- Fixed an issue where facilities would sometimes stop building when the main menu was opened.
- Fixed an issue where weapons would be repaired for free.
- Fixed collision on the Sniper Tower to allow it to be scaled.
- Fixed a case where the old Rally Point bases could still be claimed.
- Extended the new resource-counting prompt for depositing rucksacks in the generic Storage facility to apply to specialized Storage facilities as well.
- Fixed an issue where some missions would provide deceptively large piles of resources.
- Fixed many cases where critical NPCs would not show up for missions (or in one case, would attack you for no reason).
- Fixed an issue with the Warlord: The Informantmission, which was not counting vehicle kills.
- Fixed an issue with the Builder: The Call Is Answeredmission, in which some enclaves would flee the player’s home site.
- Armoured zombies are no longer killed by flames. Instead, they catch fire and become scarier, like a juggernaut;)
- Zombie kills with vehicles should now count towards zombie-killing achievements.
- Fixed some issues where zombies would spawn trapped in geometry.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed some clients to easily blow up the host’s vehicles.
- Fixed an issue with indefinitely persistent C4 charges left by dead characters.