Obwohl Killzone 3 seit geraumer Zeit im Handel bereits veröffentlicht wurde, hat das Entwicklerstudio Guerrilla Games nun einen neuen Patch für das PS3-exklusive Game angekündigt. Der Patch trägt die Versionsnummer 1.12 und bringt folgende neue Features bzw. Verbesserungen mit sich:
* Changed Marksman's scramble ability into an active ability – The marksman scramble ability now needs to be activated and deactivated via the d-pad, and has a cooldown period.
* Increased tracking response for engineer turrets – The turn speed of turrets has been increased, allowing them to track players more easily.
* Increased armor for engineer turrets (30%) - Turrets can still be destroyed by a single explosion from a grenade or missile launcher.
* Improved StA-2 Battle Pistol - Detonation time for the StA-2 Battle Pistol’s grenade is shorter, and the damage it deals is more severe.
* Added realtime projector to MP15 Radec Academy – A realtime projector has been added to the theater room, projecting onto the large wall with two doors.
* Toned down overly enthusiastic death screams – Aieeeeaaargh!
* Increased mission points in Warzone – There is more of an incentive to go after mission objectives now.
* Doubled cooldown time on mortars – Cooldown time was increased from 30 to 60 seconds to avoid spamming the Search & Destroy mission area.
* Fixed tournaments not ending as soon as one clan leaves.
* Fixed clans being able to rejoin games that were already finished – Clans used these exploits to boost their game wins and climb the leaderboards.
* Reduced wait time at end of the round – The wait time was brought down from 60 to 45 seconds.
* Reduced pre-game wait time at end of the round – The wait time was brought down from 30 to 20 seconds.
* Added menu option to disable Sixaxis-only actions – Sixaxis-only actions can now be switched off in the menu, so players only have to press ‘O’ to start an action. This will make Killzone 3 more accessible to disabled players.
* Added map name to spawn screen – The map name can be seen in the top left, under the titles.[/quote]
Der Patch wird am 6. September 2011 veröffentlicht.