Die Disney Interactive Studios suchen für ihren Entwickler JUNCTION Point neue Mitarbeiter. Wie der entsprechenden Stellenausschreibung zu entnehmen ist soll das neue Game der Mickey Epic-Entwickler für Wii, PS3 und Xbox 360 erscheinen.
Disney Interactive Media Group (DIMG) is a segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) responsible for the creation and delivery of Disney branded interactive entertainment and informational content across multiple platforms including online, mobile and video game consoles around the globe. DIMG core businesses include Disney Interactive Studios, which self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games, mobile games and interactive entertainment worldwide; and Disney Online, which produces the No. 1 Community-Family & Parenting Web site and an industry-leading suite of online virtual worlds for kids and families.
• Provide technical expertise in network game development and technologies.
• Design and implement both in-game multiplayer networking and pre-game matchmaking and lobby code.
• Reliably create good quality, performance-sensitive code.
• Provide coaching to help less experienced engineers create network safe code
• 4+ years network software engineering experience, game industry experience is strongly preferred.
• Proficient in C++ and good coding practices.
• Ability to lead a team environment based on collaborative design and structured code architecture.
• A positive attitude and the ability to take direction and receive criticism.
• Ability to meet deadlines within well-defined production schedules.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
• Experience programming on the PS3 and/or Xbox 360
• Shipped console (Wii, PS3, Xbox 360) title experience
• Gen3 experience
View all Disney Interactive Media Group jobs at www.dimgcareers.com.
Disney Interactive Studios, part of Disney Interactive Media Group, is the interactive entertainment affiliate of the Walt Disney Company. Disney Interactive Studios, which has five internal game development studios around the world, self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games and interactive entertainment worldwide.
JUNCTION Point Studios, headed by industry visionary Warren Spector, is a developer of innovative single-player and small-group multiplayer console and PC games. Our focus is on player-driven narrative, which we define as "improvisational gameplay in the context of a strong, traditional narrative." The company's main goal is to tell stories with players, not to them, allowing them to craft unique experiences through in-game choices. For some developers, it may be enough to refine and polish. At JUNCTION Point, we want to change things – innovation is a core value. Each game advances the state of the art. We believe long-term success can best be achieved by delivering games of the highest quality in gameplay and presentation.