Sony Santa Monica Studio, the developers behind God of War, are hiring for an unannounced new IP.
According to the job description on Gamasutra which was posted today, the postition is for a Senior Combat Designer who is expected to partner with the organization to:
* Assist, collaborate with and take direction from Lead Combat Designer and Game Director as needed on any the following: character and boss designs from concept to implementation completion, including character animation implementation and tuning, environmental character impact, special effects, sound effects, AI gameplay scenario layout and gameplay tuning, controller configuration, gameplay features, magic distribution, character balance and ramping.
* Work within the set standard for all character asset design, creation and in-game implementation within the production path as it relates to design, art and otherwise.
* Participate in required production related meetings and functions as needed. Attend and participate in combat-specific discussions concerning combat design and combat design issues.
* Must comprehend a working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with other team members.
* Must understand the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all of the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element.
Sony Santa Monica Studio is also hiring additional positions for this "unannounced new IP". Other positions include: Senior Staff Concept Artist, Art Production Manager, Animator, Senior Environment Artist, and much more! Check out all of the job postings for this new game here!